Friday, February 15, 2013

Personal Views on Internet Training






The Fifth and Last Day on Internet Training

The fifth and last day of our internet training, the first thing I did was to find online information about the China-Africa trade and investment relations in terms of new facts and figures, areas and African countries where Chinese investors concentrate and finally researched on how local African communities perceive these China-Africa relations. This task was ended –up by writing a story relied on the obtained information.

Then after, we went through various international and regional news websites (in English and Swahili languages) as well as blogs. We also looked at the popular websites for on-line library/books. The aim of this session was basically to give us an insight on those websites and blogs which we might need them and they are helpful in our future journalistic practices. 

Lastly, we learned how to insert an image to the blog.

General Overview and Evaluation of the Training.

Honestly, the training was of an added value to me personally and professionally. It has increased my knowledge and ability to use internet in searching for new information and facts about issues, people, places ect. 

A Good example for this, is the fact that I have been using internet especially Google search engine to search for facts and information, but my participation to this training proved to me that, previously, I was not using Google and internet effectively.

Opening and proper usage of blogs is another valuable knowledge that we acquired in this training.
Now that I have broaden my knowledge on internet usage, It is my wish that I will use and share the knowledge with my colleagues to improve our ways and styles of searching, writing and reporting news, both national and international.





No comments:

Post a Comment